Exotic Wedding Locations: A Wedding Photographer’s Dream
September 27, 2014
For a wedding photographer it is all about the capturing of irreplaceable moments. You want to make sure that you capture every single special moment so the wedding couple can look at their wedding photos like a story book and re-live the happiest day of their lives. As a professional wedding photographer, you get to experience everything first hand. Some of the wedding venues are extraordinary and serve as your muse. You also pick up a lot of tips and information about the different wedding venues which, in return, can help someone else who is planning a wedding.
An Example Of The Perfect Wedding Venue
Many brides-to-be may consider the wedding location of a beautiful beach. Getting married on the coast line can make for beautiful wedding photos and a great, casual feel for friends and families. Beach wedding packages are also offered by many local hotels and companies in order to make the planning of a beach wedding fun and easy. When choosing the location of a beach wedding, a couple may want to look at pictures and read reviews of the beach. A couple may only be interested in a beach that offers white sand and a blue ocean. Since some beaches may have discoloration in their sand or water, it is important for a couple to explore many beaches until they find the one that they are satisfied with. They have to choose the perfect setting not only for the ceremony, but for the wedding photos as well.
Popular Destinations For Weddings
West Palm Beach is often a popular destination for beach weddings because the beach itself is extremely beautiful. It is a great back drop for the wedding photos that are taken of the wedding party, bride and groom, guests and can allow for amazing and beautiful memories. The white sand of West Palm Beach makes a beautiful contrast with the dark blue ocean. Those couples who get married at sunset or sunrise can also add in the beauty of a romantic and glowing sun in the wedding photos. Pure and soft white sand can also allow for the wedding guests, party and bride and groom to perform the wedding ceremony in bare feet. The romantic softness of the sand on guests’ feet can allow them to feel relaxed and at ease throughout the entire wedding ceremony. It also leads to a more casual atmosphere, which is what some couples may be trying to achieve on their wedding day.
Relaxing And Having Fun
Beach weddings are a great way for couples to have a relaxing and easy going wedding. There are many beaches and hotels that offer packages. These can include the caterer, photographer, location setup and reception. Some of these packages can also offer the hotel stay for the wedding party and a certain number of guests. Booking a beach wedding can allow a couple to feel more at ease because the planning of the wedding is left up to the professionals. Photographers who are part of a beach wedding package deal also have experience with photographing the beach. These professionals should be able to catch the light of the sun at the right times and angles in order to ensure the pictures will be flawless.
West Palm Beach is just one of many beaches that offer white sand and blue water. The beauty of a beach makes a perfect background for wedding pictures. Photographers enjoy beach weddings as there are so many different techniques you can try for the photos. The contrasts are gorgeous and the themes are priceless. The white sand can also offer a barefoot wedding, making it a more casual and fun feel for guests and family members. Beach wedding packages are also helpful for a couple that doesn’t want the added stress of planning each part of the wedding.
Photography – A Complete Art
September 26, 2014
Today photography is not limited within the realm of just taking a snap and dipping the negatives into a liquid for developing. Other factors are associated with photography too as it is now regarded as a complete art. A professional photographer not only needs a camera but he also needs a computer and a well equipped studio.
Photographers are often required to master the art of Photoshop (related to computing) where the photographer can developed and manipulate an image after his own sweet will. This way a photographer can attempt to add taste to the images they’ve clicked in such a way that when one takes a look at them he is sure to be awe struck. For, the photos are not mere photographs they are ideal creations made by a person who has mastered the art of photography.
To be a good photographer, it is very important to know your equipment in and out. While you may read a lot of reviews for trail cameras and game cameras, it is the experience with a camera that helps you understand the soul of a camera. Your studio is your land for experiments and with the explosion in the field of stock photos, studios have become all the more important for photographers. Once you have a studio set up suitable for almost all kinds of subjects you wish to capture, you can make some serious money with your work.
Photography is a field where getting the feel of the environment is as important as understanding the equipment you use. To capture the best moments, be inside or outside your studio, you ought to ensure that you are always in the zone to merge with the nature and look at your subjects from the eyes of an artist. In order to do this, it is always good to intern with a renowned photographer before you set out on your own and have all the tools available to you no matter where you are.
The various tools involved in touching up a photograph come in at a later stage but the primary job of a photographer is to click amazing pictures and for this, a lot of practice is required. So, keep practicing and keep getting better at your job.
Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG Review
September 20, 2014
Recently I experienced quite a disaster – all of my photographs from an on location nature shoot were lost when I dropped my camera when getting out of the car. As a result I decided to invest in a camera bag. After a great deal of exploration online, I came to the conclusion that the Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG, and I am so pleased with it that I have elected to write this review.
What to Look for in a Camera Bag
There are a few ideals that you need to look for when buying a backpack for the purposes of transporting a camera, as I discovered when researching my various options:
- You want it to be comfortable to carry
- You also want it to be durable as these bags are not cheap and you want it to last for a while
- Ideally it should be water resistant in case you drop the backpack near water water-resistant
- If possible stick to those options that have a non-slip bottom
- Although this is a fairly tall order, shock-resistant backpacks are also recommended
- Another important thing to look for is a backpack that will take your camera and all of its accessories easily
How Does the Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack Compare?
The Canon Deluxe Photo certainly meets the requirement of being comfortable. This backpack comes standard with padded back and shoulder straps so that you can carry it without feeling uncomfortable. My previous backpack (which was not specifically designed to carry cameras) really made my back chafe considerably and I usually ended up carrying it in my hand, which is what led to the accident that I referred to earlier. The Canon Delux currently comes in one color scheme only – black with a green accent – which makes it look a little like a millitary backpack when you carry it around. Some people may like this simplicity while others may prefer more color options.
Because you tend to pay a premium for these backpacks I kept my eyes open for options that included durability. I found that this backpack is “urethane coated for extra durability”. Urethane is a substance very similar to rubber which is used in order to keep water out. It also lasts for a very long time, and, after researching the qualities of the substance, I decided that it was the best backpack option for me.
Keeping Out the Damp
One of the main reasons that this particular backpack appealed to me is that it is designed to be water-resistant and keep out the damp. The backpack is made of waterproofed polyester and nylon, meaning that my camera is safe from that particular danger as long as it is in the backpack. On Amazon.com the backpack is specifically listed as being water repellant which puts my mind at ease.
One of the key features of this backpack is that it is designed to take the Canon EOS SLR camera itself as well as several of its accessories. In addition to the camera the backpack can also contain:
- Two smaller SLR camera bodies
- 3-4 lenses
- Additional small accessories
Keeping Things Organized
The backpack is designed in such a way that it is easy to keep the contents of it organized. There are a number of compartments which I found to be extremely useful and in addition there are straps for a tripod at the bottom. This is extremely convenient as the pack I used before did not have any room for my tripod and so I had to carry it separately. In addition to my extra lenses I can also transport my tripod with this pack.
When I look for a product I always read the reviews that previous customers have written on Amazon.com. The reviews for this backpack were mostly excellent. Here is an example of what customers wrote about the bag:
“Great bag for hiking/traveling use if you always carry around your camera you like I do.”
I am personally inclined to agree with this I and my family enjoy hiking and other similar outdoor activities very much and spend a great deal of our time documenting our adventures through photography.
I also always look at the bad reviews to pick up on any trends. In total there were 82 two star and one star reviews on Amazon. Although I am happy with the bag, there have been a few complaints:
- The bag is known for breaking while being carried, dropping its contents and often breaking essential accessories
- Some reviewers have complained that it is not very easy to get your camera and its accessories out of the bag quickly when you need to
- There was also a complaint regarding the fact that the bag puts pressure on your neck rather than on your shoulders
At the moment on Amazon you can buy this product for $39.95 which gives you a saving of $35.05 (47%). You can also get it shipped free of charge with Super Saver Shipping. Considering what you get I felt that this price was extremely reasonable.
Where can I Find out More?
To find out more I suggest going to the following websites:
- Amazon.com – reviews and a lot of helpful information about the backpack
- The Canon website – they are the supplier of the product and will therefore have more information
- BestBackpack.com – a great backpack review site
Where Can I Buy this Product?
Although it is possible to buy this product simply by going to a Canon store or any large retailer that stocks general camera equipment, I found that n Amazon.com the price was much lower. In fact there was no sensible reason for me to buy it anywhere else but online. Shopping online has always been, for me anyway, the best method through which to make a purchase, and as usual Amazon.com did not disappoint. I received my product quickly and it was complete and undamaged when it arrived.
Marketing the Photographer in You
September 12, 2014
Right from the days when you rode your balance bike to the days when you’re facing a quarter life crisis, as a photographer you would have struggled to find your muse. It gets easier with age and if you have been in the field for a decent time, you would know the potential income that a photographer can generate on a monthly basis. Businesses have gone global today and in order to find clients, a photographer needs to start with marketing his portfolio.
Having a website causes the profits to swell at a very fast pace. The internet has become a great medium to increase the customer base and get more people to buy the products and services being manufactured by a firm. For this to happen, business owners need to have the right kind of ads and distribute it all over the internet so that people from various backgrounds can come to know about their services or their business.
The basic concept defining success in the field is proper marketing. Online marketing is one of the most important aspects of your business if you are a photographer. The growing competition has made the presence of proper advertising all the more indispensible. Advertising helps you to appeal to people from all corners of the world and once you gain recognition, you are well on your path to making a good amount of dough. In order to advertise your services, you need to have a website. Having a website helps you to make your presence felt all over the internet. Potential clients are always surfing the web to find good services and with a website at your disposal, you stand a good chance of converting these potential clients to permanent buyers.
A Website is your Office
In order to get people to come to your website, you would have to make sure that your website is displayed on the first page of the search engine when someone searches for article writing services. Getting your website to the first page of a search engine might take a fair bit of time, but if you have a properly designed website and if you employ good marketing skills, you would hit that first page pretty soon. A large number of potential clients browse various online portals to find a good photographer. These websites provide proper information about everything that a buyer needs to know about the services being offered.
Once you have a good customer base, you need to make sure that these customers stick to you and appreciate your services to the maximum. While quality should be your priority, you should also make sure that you maintain a polite and well-mannered attitude towards your customers. You should be thoroughly professional while discussing details with clients. People are in the habit of using slangs and shortcuts while making conversations over the internet and if you are one of these people, you need to make sure that you avoid slangs and shortcuts like ‘u’, ‘y’ and ‘l8r’ while discussing things with clients online. You should try to understand what the customer wants from you and maintain healthy communication with the client. This would mean prompt replies to their mails and keeping them updated about the progress of their work. A little humor always comes in handy but make sure that you don’t cross the line. Your clients are not your friends and might feel offended by some remarks that you think you made in good humor.
– http://mcpactions.com/2010/04/15/5-marketing-tips-for-photographers/ – 50 Marketing Tips for Photographers
Getting the Best Shots in Nature’s Lap
July 31, 2014
Karl Lagerfeld once said, ‘What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever impossible to reproduce.’ If you are a budding photographer, it is essentially important for you to relate to these lines. A camera teaches you how to see things without a camera and once you develop the art of looking at things in a creative manner or with a different outlook, the whole nature becomes your subject – a welcoming one.
The passion for photography can take your places in search of the perfect shot and the most beautiful pictures are made when you are in your element and that zone where you give your camera the Midas touch. As a beginner, a lot of adventure awaits you if you’re pursuing photography as a profession. Isn’t it amazing how the passion for photography satiates the wanderlust in you and teaches you a number of activities – treks, hikes, bike rides and long drives to remote places. My personal favorite activity is to hope on my SUV and drive off to the highway to find a random destination and set up a shoot there.
Sometimes, I trek to the most obscure peaks to get that shot that captures the raw beauty of Mother Nature. If you’re fond of photography, you can simply take your project to the next level by adding a bit of adventure for yourself. Hit the road and spot the best places to set up your shoot. Here’s how you do it –
- Before you get your car out on the road to go off-roading in search of shot of your life, make sure that you pack up all the necessary things in a compact manner.
- Install a hitch bike rack on your car and take along a bike with you – just in case you need to get to that place with no roads.
- Pack some fruits and a lot of liquids because staying hydrated would be the key to getting to higher altitudes.
- Dress for comfort and not for style. I have always believed that those who dress for comfort are much better photographers. Comfort helps you stay focused and keeps you physically active.
- Don’t forget your music – It is funny how so many photographers around the world find their inspiration in the music they listen to.
- Make sure that you have you car, camera and bike serviced before you hit the road.
There is nothing more wonderful than being in nature’s lap and capturing the innocence that this beautiful planet carries in the form of mountains, butterflies, trees, flowers, beaches and everything else that nature has to offer. As a budding photographer, you are to merge with the nature like how the smoke of cigarette merges with the fog or how a lemon drop merges into water. Once you establish the perfect sync, you would be out with your best work.
Fitness for the Photographer
July 15, 2014
As a photographer I have had my share of work related injuries. Despite it looking like an easy job, being on your feet for hours and being in compromising positions takes a toll on my body. Even learning how to surf to capture pictures of top surfers. One way I try to reduce stress and keep fit is my using an inversion table.
Inversion Tables and I have a very close relationship from years. It has made my life simpler and provided me joy and enthusiasm to enjoy each and every day of my life.Keeping my body fit had never been easy for me. Busy routing life of mine always had haunted me from the start of my career. Going to a gym center in the morning by keeping aside all other family works is a tough task. Even though I was able to make there for a day or two I was not able to maintain a consistency in my workouts. After I started using inversion tableI swayed goodbye to my gym sessions.You ask me Why would I? If you get an alternative that complements your lifestyle and as well provides the necessary workout then why wouldn’t you? Now I can do all the vital body exercises at my home. Whether it’s exercising my abs or strengthening my legs I can easily achieve through my Body Champ IT807. In addition, to inversion table I have a treadmill that which completesmy daily workout.
What makes Body Champ a real Champ?
The Body champ inversion table features a lightweight portable frame. With a maximum inversion angle of 90 degrees the inversion angle can be controlled with either the two position limiter bar or the adjustable strap underneath the table. You can loosen the strap all the way to experience a full inversion. Also experienced workers can try out extreme workouts like inverted situps and crunches. While using the limiter bar simply select the one of two levels and insert the bar through the hole. Then Lock it in place through a spring loaded clamp. You can also remove the limiter bar completely to set up a custom angle using the adjustable strap. The body champ inversion table has a high range of 4 foot 7 to 6 foot 8 inches. The seven position ankle rovers grip the ankles for extra support and safety. Body champ is easy to fold and light weight enough to carry or slide between sessions.
Benefits I found
It took me only 45 minutes for the first assembly. The steel frame of the equipment comes already assembled which cuts down the time or complexity. Additionally, body champ inversion tabledoes not require any type of extra tools to setup. So unlike other equipment you don’t have to run to a nearby hardware store and spend extra investments. The comfort level of this inversion table is splendid. Thanks to its quality craftsmanship that provides an impressive quality of backing and support. Also backing stays very sturdy and supporting at varying degrees of inversions. There are no problems of losing stability and imbalance. I love the ankle rollers which are puffed with thick foam at the center. I found it very comfortable. This avoids the problems of soaring when doing crunches and situps. Moreover, you are provided with ankle lock that keeps your legs intact avoiding the slippery while at extreme angles of inversion. One thing you need to keep mind is to make sure that the button at this lock is securely slid back into the notches before practicing. I sometimes found the lock was not fully inserted into the notch while using it.
Overall I found the Inversion table very useful. Not to forget you are provided with 1 year frame warranty and 90 days of parts replacement.
4 Tips for Budding Stock Photographers
July 2, 2014
Photography is an art that requires an artist’s vision. Developing your artistic sense is not an overnight process and it takes a while before you can deliver amazing stock pictures. In order to understand the basics of stock photography, it is important to understand the product you’re shooting and the target audience that is going to be interested in such a product.
Let us take the example of Bose outdoor speakers. When you’re photographing speakers, you would want to churn out a picture that appeals to the music loving youth. You could either give it a classy feel like how Apple manages to do or you could give it a cool kind of a look. However there are a few aspects that are always important irrespective of the product you’re photographing –
- Lights: Needless to say, proper lighting is the key to great stock photography. Your Bose outdoor speakers might appear to be grainy if you haven’t flooded the area with proper light. However, you would also need to ensure that the subject does not vaporize in the lighting. You can diffuse the light by bouncing it off the ceiling and walls.
- Focus: As much as you want to focus on getting the perfect shot, you need to ensure that your camera does not have different thoughts. One of the major problems that come into picture is that the subject appears great on a small screen but looks horrible on a bigger screen. Therefore getting your Bose outdoor speakers in focus is an important aspect of taking a stock picture.
- Rule of thirds: Rule of thirds is important in order to get your speakers intersect two perpendicular lines. A camera with the ‘grid feature’ is ideal for taking good pictures. You also need to ensure that you have a good editing software in place so that you can get the best resolution for your images.
- Multiple shots: There are times when photographers are left fretting and fuming simply because you think that you could have taken the picture form a different angle. As a budding photographer, you should ensure that you take multiple shots so as to get the best out of your editing software later on.
How to Photograph Paintings
January 29, 2014
Whether you are an artist who wants to sell one of their paintings oversees or a college student who wants their parents to see their painting from 200 miles away- having the ability to photograph a painting can be helpful. When you choose the right camera, wait until the time is right, and find the right place to photograph – you can create the perfect photograph. Below are some top tips on how to properly photograph a painting.
1) Choose the right camera- Before you take a photograph of a painting, you’ll have to find the right camera. The amount of money that you spend on your camera depends on its purpose. If you are a professional artist who wants to take pictures of their paintings in order to sell their artwork overseas, you’ll probably want to go with a high-end camera. There are more affordable options for someone who wants to use a photograph of a painting to decorate their living room or to send to a family member/friend. You might also want to look for a tripod. You should look for tripods that are both stable and compact. Even though heavy tripods are heavy to carry around, they can provide the most stability.
2) Wait until the timing and lighting is right- Because photographs of paintings look the best when they are taken in natural light, you will want to wait until the time is right. A problem with using the flash feature on your camera is that it can create a distracting glare in your photograph. The sunlight can provide your painting with a non-distracting soft glow. You should avoid taking the picture during night time when you will be forced to use the flash feature. One thing that we often look at is what type of painting too. If we are photographing wall art, it is best to take it in a gloomy setting or low light, as the bright colors stand out more. For a traditional painting, we suggest taking it when it is just medium lighting if at all possible.
3) Find the right place to photograph your painting- After you have chosen the right camera and the time is right, you have to decide where you what to place your painting. If you are taking a photograph of a piece that is 10×14 inches or smaller, you have the option of placing the photograph on the floor and shooting from above. This is not the best option if you want to enhance certain types of paintings and colors. It is easy to place a painting up against the wall or create a white wall/backdrop. You will probably want to create a white wall or backdrop if you have distracting or dirty walls.
4) Take your shot without shaking- Even though it isn’t easy, you are going to have to try and shoot the photograph straight on. If you or the angle on the lens is slanted, the painting won’t look its best. Try to make sure that your hands stay stable and aren’t shaking. You might want to take multiple shots if you want a perfect outcome.
5) Frame your photograph- Framing your artwork can add formality and color. Frames can also help the audience focus on the painting. It reinforces the fact that the painting should be the center of attention.
Choosing the right camera, using natural light, hanging your painting on the wall, and framing your photograph can help you create a new version of a painting. Whether you are a professional artist or someone who just wants to decorate their home, following these tips can help you shoot the perfect photograph of a painting.
Photographing Off Shore Oil Rigs
January 14, 2014
Photographing Off Shore Oil Rigs
There are some photography assignments that take extra planning, and will need unique skills and abilities. Photographing offshore oil rigs is an unusual job, but one that can be incredibly rewarding and produce incredible shots. You need to understand everything that is involved before you agree to take on the project.
The risk of explosions and fires is high on the oil rig and due to the risk of flammable gas entering the oil well, all normal electronic equipment is banned. This included smart phones and standard cameras. The camera that you want to use on the oil rig will need to have a how work permit to ensure that it is suitable.
You need to enter your camera into the permit system, which is operated and coordinated by one person. This guarantees that all potential hazards are contained and accountable at all times, reducing the risk to the people on the oil rig. Once you have the permit, you will also need to carry a gas detection device at all times when taking the pictures. Between the high powered air compressors and the huge machinery, this is a very dangerous job.
This device provides a unique warning is flammable gas has been detected; however, there are alternatives that you can use. Explosion proof cameras are not as exciting as they sound, but they do allow you to move freely and take the photos that you want. These cameras are designed not to act as an ignition source on the oil rig.
Every aspect of the camera is designed to be safe, and ensure that nothing can accidently start a fire. With airtight seals, limiting devices and level sensors you are safe to photograph everywhere on the oil rig. The downside is the quality of photos that you can produce, and the cost of these cameras is incredibly high.
The advantage with being a photographer on an oil rig is that you can charge a lot more for your work as this field is considered specialist. Not only will you experience some incredible moments, but you will be there to capture it with pictures. You need to ensure that you are prepared both mentally and physically to join the oil rig crew.
Once you have found the correct equipment, and understand the risks, you can make a career out of this style of photography. The photos that you take will not only be used by the oil rig company, but also for other media platforms. If you have an eye for an unusual image, and want to broaden your horizon, this job may be perfect for you.
You will need to take photos of unusual items such as machinery, workers and company officials that are visiting. Your day to day tasks will vary, and no two images will be the same, which makes your job even more interesting. Industrial photographers are highly sought after, and you can ask for a higher fee before you even set foot on the oil rig. Not only will you be paid well, but your job will be exciting and rewarding.