Exotic Wedding Locations: A Wedding Photographer’s Dream
April 22, 2016
For a wedding photographer it is all about the capturing of irreplaceable moments. You want to make sure that you capture every single special moment so the wedding couple can look at their wedding photos like a story book and re-live the happiest day of their lives. As a professional wedding photographer, you get to experience everything first hand. Some of the wedding venues are extraordinary and serve as your muse. You also pick up a lot of tips and information about the different wedding venues which, in return, can help someone else who is planning a wedding.
An Example Of The Perfect Wedding Venue
Many brides-to-be may consider the wedding location of a beautiful beach. Getting married on the coast line can make for beautiful wedding photos and a great, casual feel for friends and families. Beach wedding packages are also offered by many local hotels and companies in order to make the planning of a beach wedding fun and easy. When choosing the location of a beach wedding, a couple may want to look at pictures and read reviews of the beach. A couple may only be interested in a beach that offers white sand and a blue ocean. Since some beaches may have discoloration in their sand or water, it is important for a couple to explore many beaches until they find the one that they are satisfied with. They have to choose the perfect setting not only for the ceremony, but for the wedding photos as well.
Popular Destinations For Weddings
West Palm Beach is often a popular destination for beach weddings because the beach itself is extremely beautiful. It is a great back drop for the wedding photos that are taken of the wedding party, bride and groom, guests and can allow for amazing and beautiful memories. The white sand of West Palm Beach makes a beautiful contrast with the dark blue ocean. Those couples who get married at sunset or sunrise can also add in the beauty of a romantic and glowing sun in the wedding photos. Pure and soft white sand can also allow for the wedding guests, party and bride and groom to perform the wedding ceremony in bare feet. The romantic softness of the sand on guests’ feet can allow them to feel relaxed and at ease throughout the entire wedding ceremony. It also leads to a more casual atmosphere, which is what some couples may be trying to achieve on their wedding day.
Relaxing And Having Fun
Beach weddings are a great way for couples to have a relaxing and easy going wedding. There are many beaches and hotels that offer packages. These can include the caterer, photographer, location setup and reception. Some of these packages can also offer the hotel stay for the wedding party and a certain number of guests. Booking a beach wedding can allow a couple to feel more at ease because the planning of the wedding is left up to the professionals. Photographers who are part of a beach wedding package deal also have experience with photographing the beach. These professionals should be able to catch the light of the sun at the right times and angles in order to ensure the pictures will be flawless.
West Palm Beach is just one of many beaches that offer white sand and blue water. The beauty of a beach makes a perfect background for wedding pictures. Photographers enjoy beach weddings as there are so many different techniques you can try for the photos. The contrasts are gorgeous and the themes are priceless. The white sand can also offer a barefoot wedding, making it a more casual and fun feel for guests and family members. Beach wedding packages are also helpful for a couple that doesn’t want the added stress of planning each part of the wedding.
Nature Photography Of Poisonous Snakes
April 21, 2016
Poisonous snakes are fascinating creatures. Everyone from trained herpetologists (from the Greek meaning of “creeping animal”), biologists who study snakes to just plain snake fanciers to the average person on the street, can be strangely enthralled looking at poisonous snakes pictures and photos.
Personal Picture Snapping
While there are many thousands of poisonous snakes photos available on the Internet, many snake fanciers, herpetologists and other wildlife adventurers dream of snapping a picture of the perfect “snake strike” for their own personal collection. So weekend after weekend, both amateur and professional “snake-hunters” roam the globe looking to take poisonous snake pictures.
Tips For Taking These Shots
Forget extreme sports like snowboarding, mountain climbing or skydiving. Many people claim that nothing beats the thrill of looking for a “hot” or poisonous snake and getting close enough to take its picture. But before you jump into the dangerous art of taking poisonous snakes photos, you should know the following:
Take time to support the camera properly. During the thrill of the chase, your heart will be pounding and your system on full alert. Before you move in for that close up, take a few seconds to brace your camera to keep your shot from being blurry.
This is especially important if your camera is tricked out with a large, telephoto lens. You can use a mini-tripod, lean up against a tree or a rock or prop your gear across your own knee or on the shoulder of a buddy so don’t miss that once in a lifetime poisonous snakes photo.
Change where you put your snake in the frame. Don’t try and get the animal captured in the center of the frame all the time. Snakes can be fast movers, but poisonous snakes if cornered will often go into attack mode, making it possible for you get few seconds to frame your picture before they strike or escape.
To help frame your photo, imagine an invisible tic-tac-toe board across your viewfinder and setup the shot with the snake’s eye in one corner or the other. This off-center angle can make for great poisonous snakes pictures.
Focus in on the eye. Snake eyes are one of their most fascinating features. If you get a good angle of the animal’s eyes, you will not only get an interesting shot but by zooming in and focusing on the eye, the rest of your photograph will usually come out looking great as well.
Take your shots in the early morning or late afternoon. The light is low and not as harsh so any shadows are minimized, so your pictures are more pleasant to look at and the snake can be photographed more clearly.
After learning the above tips, should get you started on discovering how to take poisonous snakes pictures for your collection that you can be proud of years for to come.
As the number of tourists, weekend adventurers and recreational travelers increase the number of people running or swimming across poisonous water snakes and poisonous sea snakes is also dramatically increasing. If you or your family spends a lot of time participating in outdoor water sports, then you should read this article and learn more poisonous water snakes.
Looking At Poisonous Water Snakes
A water snake is any snake that mainly lives, hunts or swims in the water. They can be found nesting along side creeks, streams, ponds, lakes, swamps, ocean shorelines or roadside ditches. While the vast majority of water snakes are non venomous, some the most deadly animals in the world are poisonous water snakes or poisonous sea snakes.
Poisonous Water Snakes Of The Western Hemisphere
The Water Moccasin or more commonly called “Cottonmouth” is the only poisonous water snake in North America. These have range in color form a very dark tan or brown to a nearly black with darker bands across their bodies. These poisonous water snakes when provoked will open their jaws wide to display their fangs and much lighter colored tissues in their mouths, hence the name “Cottonmouth.”
Semi-aquatic Coral Snakes while not actually “water snakes” are often found along shorelines and swampy areas. This species of poisonous water snakes should not be confused with the look-a-like but harmless king snake. The red and yellow bands “touch” or alternate on coral snakes, while King snakes “Red touches Black, venom lack”.
Poisonous Sea Snakes Of The Eastern Hemisphere
Some of the most poisonous sea snakes in the world are found coastal waters from the Gulf of Persia to the shores of Australia. Arguably the most poisonous sea snake is the Belcher’s Sea Snake or the Faint-banded Sea Snake.
This normally docile snake is frequently found off the coastal waters off Northwestern Australia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. The venom of this animal is roughly 400 times more powerful than that of a cobra, but even when provoked, it rarely delivers a lethal dose.
Poisonous Sea Snakes Of The Western Hemisphere
Sea snakes are found in the warm coastal waters from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific. They are almost totally adapted to life in the water and are more or less helpless on land. They have eel-like bodies and a somewhat flattened tail that resembles a paddle. However they must surface regularly to breathe as they do not possess gills like fish.
Several of the snakes that belong to this species also possess the most toxic venom of all snakes. While many are quite gentle and will avoid contact, only biting if provoked, others can be quite aggressive. Poisonous sea snakes can be found on the western coasts of South America, especially along the shorelines of Peru.
Poisonous Water Snakes Of The Eastern Hemisphere
Oddly enough there is no known species of poisonous water snakes found in Europe, Africa or Asia. This may be due to the millions of miles of coastal waters in which the native species of poisonous sea snakes abound.
The best advice anyone can give is that when you encounter any type of water to leave it alone unless you are 100% certain is not one of the poisonous water snake families.
Photographing Off Shore Oil Rigs
April 12, 2016
Photographing Off Shore Oil Rigs
There are some photography assignments that take extra planning, and will need unique skills and abilities. Photographing offshore oil rigs is an unusual job, but one that can be incredibly rewarding and produce incredible shots. You need to understand everything that is involved before you agree to take on the project.
The risk of explosions and fires is high on the oil rig and due to the risk of flammable gas entering the oil well, all normal electronic equipment is banned. This included smart phones and standard cameras. The camera that you want to use on the oil rig will need to have a how work permit to ensure that it is suitable.
You need to enter your camera into the permit system, which is operated and coordinated by one person. This guarantees that all potential hazards are contained and accountable at all times, reducing the risk to the people on the oil rig. Once you have the permit, you will also need to carry a gas detection device at all times when taking the pictures. Between the high powered air compressors and the huge machinery, this is a very dangerous job.
This device provides a unique warning is flammable gas has been detected; however, there are alternatives that you can use. Explosion proof cameras are not as exciting as they sound, but they do allow you to move freely and take the photos that you want. These cameras are designed not to act as an ignition source on the oil rig.
Every aspect of the camera is designed to be safe, and ensure that nothing can accidently start a fire. With airtight seals, limiting devices and level sensors you are safe to photograph everywhere on the oil rig. The downside is the quality of photos that you can produce, and the cost of these cameras is incredibly high.
The advantage with being a photographer on an oil rig is that you can charge a lot more for your work as this field is considered specialist. Not only will you experience some incredible moments, but you will be there to capture it with pictures. You need to ensure that you are prepared both mentally and physically to join the oil rig crew.
Once you have found the correct equipment, and understand the risks, you can make a career out of this style of photography. The photos that you take will not only be used by the oil rig company, but also for other media platforms. If you have an eye for an unusual image, and want to broaden your horizon, this job may be perfect for you.
You will need to take photos of unusual items such as machinery, workers and company officials that are visiting. Your day to day tasks will vary, and no two images will be the same, which makes your job even more interesting. Industrial photographers are highly sought after, and you can ask for a higher fee before you even set foot on the oil rig. Not only will you be paid well, but your job will be exciting and rewarding.
Fitness for the Photographer
December 10, 2014
As a photographer I have had my share of work related injuries. Despite it looking like an easy job, being on your feet for hours and being in compromising positions takes a toll on my body. Even learning how to surf to capture pictures of top surfers. One way I try to reduce stress and keep fit is my using an inversion table.
Inversion Tables and I have a very close relationship from years. It has made my life simpler and provided me joy and enthusiasm to enjoy each and every day of my life.Keeping my body fit had never been easy for me. Busy routing life of mine always had haunted me from the start of my career. Going to a gym center in the morning by keeping aside all other family works is a tough task. Even though I was able to make there for a day or two I was not able to maintain a consistency in my workouts. After I started using inversion tableI swayed goodbye to my gym sessions.You ask me Why would I? If you get an alternative that complements your lifestyle and as well provides the necessary workout then why wouldn’t you? Now I can do all the vital body exercises at my home. Whether it’s exercising my abs or strengthening my legs I can easily achieve through my Body Champ IT807. In addition, to inversion table I have a treadmill that which completesmy daily workout.
What makes Body Champ a real Champ?
The Body champ inversion table features a lightweight portable frame. With a maximum inversion angle of 90 degrees the inversion angle can be controlled with either the two position limiter bar or the adjustable strap underneath the table. You can loosen the strap all the way to experience a full inversion. Also experienced workers can try out extreme workouts like inverted situps and crunches. While using the limiter bar simply select the one of two levels and insert the bar through the hole. Then Lock it in place through a spring loaded clamp. You can also remove the limiter bar completely to set up a custom angle using the adjustable strap. The body champ inversion table has a high range of 4 foot 7 to 6 foot 8 inches. The seven position ankle rovers grip the ankles for extra support and safety. Body champ is easy to fold and light weight enough to carry or slide between sessions.
Benefits I found
It took me only 45 minutes for the first assembly. The steel frame of the equipment comes already assembled which cuts down the time or complexity. Additionally, body champ inversion tabledoes not require any type of extra tools to setup. So unlike other equipment you don’t have to run to a nearby hardware store and spend extra investments. The comfort level of this inversion table is splendid. Thanks to its quality craftsmanship that provides an impressive quality of backing and support. Also backing stays very sturdy and supporting at varying degrees of inversions. There are no problems of losing stability and imbalance. I love the ankle rollers which are puffed with thick foam at the center. I found it very comfortable. This avoids the problems of soaring when doing crunches and situps. Moreover, you are provided with ankle lock that keeps your legs intact avoiding the slippery while at extreme angles of inversion. One thing you need to keep mind is to make sure that the button at this lock is securely slid back into the notches before practicing. I sometimes found the lock was not fully inserted into the notch while using it.
Overall I found the Inversion table very useful. Not to forget you are provided with 1 year frame warranty and 90 days of parts replacement.
Taking Some Time To Relax And Get The Best Shots
November 19, 2014
As a photographer, you need to make use of every opportunity given to you to take the best photos. Everyday life, nature, events; all make great photo shoots, all you need to do is seize the moment. Sometimes you might want to focus on something new for your portfolio and the only way to do that is to visit so place new and exciting. Going on vacation can satisfy this need. A great place to take great photographs is to go on a river cruise. Here you can see different things, along with beautiful nature and even different kinds of people.
Look At Viking Cruises For A Great Getaway
When you plan a Viking river cruise, it is important to know what to expect on board the ship. Knowing what to expect will help you plan on any additional costs, what to pack, and you won’t have any surprises. Viking river cruises are also designed with amenities to provide a fun trip for people who want to see Europe in a unique way, much like Grand river cruises.
If you are taking a Viking river cruise, you will need to know what to pack. The ship has a lot to do with what you should pack, because you will be spending a lot of time on the ship. However, when it docks at the local ports, you may be doing a lot of walking.
- Be sure to pack comfortable shoes with you in your suitcase for walking at the local destinations.
- Dress comfortable when on board the ship.
- Most dinners on the ship are casual. However, there is a captain’s dinner you will be expected to attend. This meal is dressy. It is not formal like some of the larger cruise lines so you don’t have to run out and buy a tuxedo, but it is still elegant.
- For the most part, everything you pack for Viking European river cruises is casual. Be sure you are comfortable.
If you are not from Europe, then chances are good your electrical devices like a hair dryer, will not fit in the outlets.
- You can buy adapters for the appliances, new appliances, or use what is offered to you on the boat.
- The ship does offer hair dryers for guests to use.
- There are safes on board the ship in each guest stateroom. It is recommended you use the safe to keep any valuables you might be traveling with. This will help ensure nothing is stolen or lost during your vacation.
The Cruise Also Includes The Following
Viking Christmas river cruises also offer many amenities while you sail down the river. These amenities include:
- A television in your room
- A library
- Telephone service
- And much more, just like you might have experienced on Grand Circle river cruises.
The televisions do depend on good transmission from the satellites. However, you can enjoy six channels in English if you would like to spend some time relaxing in your room. You can use a phone in your room to call other passengers in their room on the boat. You can also place calls to people on shore via a phone at the reception desk. Viking European river cruises also offer Internet access to people who need to use their laptop or other wireless device.
What To Expect
There are also many things to do on a Viking river cruise. They are not really designed as being kid friendly, so don’t expect to see an arcade and big swimming pools.
Adults enjoy reading
- a daily newsletter
- shore excursions
- a library
- a salon
- and so much more
You can even choose between rhine or Danube river cruises.
If you are thinking about taking a Viking river cruise it is a good idea to read reviews and see what other passengers thought about their trip. It is always a good idea to know what the boat has to offer you, especially if you are going to be living on it for a few days. The Viking European river cruises offer many amenities for passengers which include which will make you enjoy the luxury of it all so much more.
Looking At Danube River Cruises
These reasons include:
- Much more
Always compare Danube river cruises so you can plan the perfect vacation for you and your family. It would be a good idea to compare these cruises with something more familiar to you, like Grand Circle river cruises.
Comparing Danube River Cruising
When comparing Danube river cruising packages, the first thing you need to do is determine your budget.
1. How much money do you plan on spending?
- If you are working with a budget for your vacation, then you need to stick within the amount you have to spend. The good news is that when you do a comparison you will be able to have a solid idea of how much money your vacation will cost you compared to other offers such as Grand river cruises.
- This will not include shopping at any of the ports, alcoholic beverages, or additional things you would like to do. Be sure you include the cost for each person taking the cruise.
- Compare cruises by choosing different durations of the vacation package and by different destinations.
Dates of travel also make a big difference on the cost of a cruise. In most cases, the cheapest packages are when no one else is traveling.
2. The Different Packages
Another reason to compare Danube river cruises is, because there are different packages.
- If you have a specific city in mind you would like to visit during your vacation, don’t assume it will be a port the boat will stop at. Not all European river cruises have the same itinerary and you wouldn’t want to be disappointed by missing the one place you wanted to go.
Compare the different itineraries and determine which cruise looks ideal for you. You may even want to consider going on amazon river cruises instead.
- In addition, some cruises are 3 day cruises, while others are up to 14 days. The duration of the vacation will impact cost. You also may not be capable of taking off 14 days of work. Finding a 3 day cruise at the exact destination you want to go to might change your travel dates as well. This is a good reason why you need to plan your cruise in advance and compare thoroughly.
Choosing The Right Boat
There are different boats to choose from for Danube river cruising. When you do your vacation comparison, be sure you look at the different boats and be sure which one is right for your family.
- If you have children, it is important to be sure you choose a boat that is kid friendly.
- There should be plenty to do on the boat and it needs to be comfortable as well. Amenities and accommodations are important to many travelers.
- You will need to know what to pack on the trip and the amenities offered on the boat will help you determine your needs. For example, if the rooms do not offer a hair dryer, you will need to pack one of your own.
Remember, if you come from another country other than Europe, be sure to bring an adapter for the electrical outlet.
Comparing Danube river cruises will help you plan the best vacation package down the river in Europe you have ever planned. Many of the things you should compare include the cost, amenities on the boat, accommodations and duration of travel, ports, and more.
Capturing The Northern Lights Forever
November 5, 2014
Little compares to the majesty and splendor of the aurora borealis; or as it is better known- the northern lights. Brilliant colors of the red, green, blue and predominantly yellow dance across a midnight blue arctic sky. As they dance across their night sky stage, they tango with a back drop of stars that seem to be just ever so slightly out of reach, making it the perfect scene for photography. But what is the science behind these celestial light show? What actually causes the northern lights phenomenon?
Causes Of The Northern Lights
First let’s learn what causes the light portion of the northern lights. Our sun is continually spewing positive ions (positively charged parts of atoms) into space due to the nuclear processes that keep it burning. This flow of ions, which occurs in all directions, is called Solar Wind.
When the particles that make up this wind reach the Earth’s atmosphere, they knock the electrons out of atoms. When other atoms catch the electron, light is emitted. There you have the cause of the “light” in Northern Lights.
Northern Lights Colors
Second let’s learn what causes the Northern Lights to have all these colors. The color of light depends on the type of gas, or atoms, involved. Each type of gas emits a characteristic color when it captures an electron.
The varieties of gases in the atmosphere are what cause the varied colors in the northern lights. Hydrogen, helium, nitrogen and oxygen collide with the solar charged particles and result in the yellow, blue, purple, red, and green colors emitted by the lights.
The Northern Part
Third let’s learn what causes the “northern” part of Northern Lights. They are called Northern Lights because the poles of the Earth’s magnetic field are near the north and south poles. Light seen around the North Pole is known as Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis.
Light seen around the South Pole are called the Southern Lights or the Corona Borealis.
Sometimes, the flow of ions from the sun gets stronger, and the Northern Lights can reach closer to the equator then they might otherwise. There have been reports of people seeing the Northern Lights close to the equator in places such as Texas, USA.
The Dancing Of Lights
Lastly, let’s learn what causes the northern lights to dance. As with any wind, solar or otherwise, the particles move in a sweeping motion over the Earth’s surface. This results in a dancing like pattern of light.
So there you are. You now know exactly what causes the northern lights, and why a traveling to see them is a once in a lifetime experience.
4 Tips for Budding Stock Photographers
September 1, 2014
Photography is an art that requires an artist’s vision. Developing your artistic sense is not an overnight process and it takes a while before you can deliver amazing stock pictures. In order to understand the basics of stock photography, it is important to understand the product you’re shooting and the target audience that is going to be interested in such a product.
Let us take the example of Bose outdoor speakers. When you’re photographing speakers, you would want to churn out a picture that appeals to the music loving youth. You could either give it a classy feel like how Apple manages to do or you could give it a cool kind of a look. However there are a few aspects that are always important irrespective of the product you’re photographing –
- Lights: Needless to say, proper lighting is the key to great stock photography. Your Bose outdoor speakers might appear to be grainy if you haven’t flooded the area with proper light. However, you would also need to ensure that the subject does not vaporize in the lighting. You can diffuse the light by bouncing it off the ceiling and walls.
- Focus: As much as you want to focus on getting the perfect shot, you need to ensure that your camera does not have different thoughts. One of the major problems that come into picture is that the subject appears great on a small traditional screen but looks horrible on modern bigger screens like and inside and / or outside TV. Therefore getting your Bose outdoor speakers in focus is an important aspect of taking a stock picture.
- Rule of thirds: Rule of thirds is important in order to get your speakers intersect two perpendicular lines. A camera with the ‘grid feature’ is ideal for taking good pictures. You also need to ensure that you have a good editing software in place so that you can get the best resolution for your images.
- Multiple shots: There are times when photographers are left fretting and fuming simply because you think that you could have taken the picture form a different angle. As a budding photographer, you should ensure that you take multiple shots so as to get the best out of your editing software later on.
How to Photograph Paintings
January 29, 2014
Whether you are an artist who wants to sell one of their paintings oversees or a college student who wants their parents to see their painting from 200 miles away- having the ability to photograph a painting can be helpful. When you choose the right camera, wait until the time is right, and find the right place to photograph – you can create the perfect photograph. Below are some top tips on how to properly photograph a painting.
1) Choose the right camera- Before you take a photograph of a painting, you’ll have to find the right camera. The amount of money that you spend on your camera depends on its purpose. If you are a professional artist who wants to take pictures of their paintings in order to sell their artwork overseas, you’ll probably want to go with a high-end camera. There are more affordable options for someone who wants to use a photograph of a painting to decorate their living room or to send to a family member/friend. You might also want to look for a tripod. You should look for tripods that are both stable and compact. Even though heavy tripods are heavy to carry around, they can provide the most stability.
2) Wait until the timing and lighting is right- Because photographs of paintings look the best when they are taken in natural light, you will want to wait until the time is right. A problem with using the flash feature on your camera is that it can create a distracting glare in your photograph. The sunlight can provide your painting with a non-distracting soft glow. You should avoid taking the picture during night time when you will be forced to use the flash feature. One thing that we often look at is what type of painting too. If we are photographing wall art, it is best to take it in a gloomy setting or low light, as the bright colors stand out more. For a traditional painting, we suggest taking it when it is just medium lighting if at all possible.
3) Find the right place to photograph your painting- After you have chosen the right camera and the time is right, you have to decide where you what to place your painting. If you are taking a photograph of a piece that is 10×14 inches or smaller, you have the option of placing the photograph on the floor and shooting from above. This is not the best option if you want to enhance certain types of paintings and colors. It is easy to place a painting up against the wall or create a white wall/backdrop. You will probably want to create a white wall or backdrop if you have distracting or dirty walls.
4) Take your shot without shaking- Even though it isn’t easy, you are going to have to try and shoot the photograph straight on. If you or the angle on the lens is slanted, the painting won’t look its best. Try to make sure that your hands stay stable and aren’t shaking. You might want to take multiple shots if you want a perfect outcome.
5) Frame your photograph- Framing your artwork can add formality and color. Frames can also help the audience focus on the painting. It reinforces the fact that the painting should be the center of attention.
Choosing the right camera, using natural light, hanging your painting on the wall, and framing your photograph can help you create a new version of a painting. Whether you are a professional artist or someone who just wants to decorate their home, following these tips can help you shoot the perfect photograph of a painting.