Getting the Best Shots in Nature’s Lap
April 17, 2016
Karl Lagerfeld once said, ‘What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever impossible to reproduce.’ If you are a budding photographer, it is essentially important for you to relate to these lines. A camera teaches you how to see things without a camera and once you develop the art of looking at things in a creative manner or with a different outlook, the whole nature becomes your subject – a welcoming one.
The passion for photography can take your places in search of the perfect shot and the most beautiful pictures are made when you are in your element and that zone where you give your camera the Midas touch. As a beginner, a lot of adventure awaits you if you’re pursuing photography as a profession. Isn’t it amazing how the passion for photography satiates the wanderlust in you and teaches you a number of activities – treks, hikes, bike rides and long drives to remote places. My personal favorite activity is to hope on my SUV and drive off to the highway to find a random destination and set up a shoot there.
Sometimes, I trek to the most obscure peaks to get that shot that captures the raw beauty of Mother Nature. If you’re fond of photography, you can simply take your project to the next level by adding a bit of adventure for yourself. Hit the road and spot the best places to set up your shoot. Here’s how you do it –
- Before you get your car out on the road to go off-roading in search of shot of your life, make sure that you pack up all the necessary things in a compact manner.
- Install a hitch bike rack on your car and take along a bike with you – just in case you need to get to that place with no roads.
- Pack some fruits and a lot of liquids because staying hydrated would be the key to getting to higher altitudes.
- Dress for comfort and not for style. I have always believed that those who dress for comfort are much better photographers. Comfort helps you stay focused and keeps you physically active.
- Don’t forget your music – It is funny how so many photographers around the world find their inspiration in the music they listen to.
- Make sure that you have you car, camera and bike serviced before you hit the road.
There is nothing more wonderful than being in nature’s lap and capturing the innocence that this beautiful planet carries in the form of mountains, butterflies, trees, flowers, beaches and everything else that nature has to offer. As a budding photographer, you are to merge with the nature like how the smoke of cigarette merges with the fog or how a lemon drop merges into water. Once you establish the perfect sync, you would be out with your best work.
Hitch Bike Racks – http://www.rackmaven.com/hitch-bike-rack/
Hitch Mounted Bike Carriers – http://www.racknroad.com/trailer-hitches.html