Turning Up The Heat In Your Photo Studio
March 28, 2016
A while ago, I decided that I was in desperate need of my own photo studio. Renting a place was going to be too expensive, so I had to make another plan. My house was not big enough to turn one of the bedrooms into a studio, so I decided to remodel my basement. Seeing that the basement was probably the coldest room in the house, winter was no joy being in my studio, and you can only drink so many cups of coffee to keep warm. The only solution was to install some heat and a baseboard heater seemed like the best option at the time. Here is some of the research I did before I made my final decision for anyone with the same problem.
Choosing Electric Baseboard Heaters With A Thermostat
When you choose electric baseboard heaters, you are making a positive choice for your home or studio heating needs. This is because the thermostat increases the already energy efficient nature of the baseboard heater, giving you even more ways to control the heating in your home. Energy efficient electric baseboard heaters provide this type of energy savings most homes and studios can greatly benefit from.
Save On Your Heating Bill
You can find energy efficient electric baseboard heaters that help you save on your energy bills better than nearly any other type of heating source. Why would you pay more for heat that you don’t need to overpay to get the same amount of heat? With more and more people looking to go green and live more eco-friendly lifes, these baseboard heaters with a thermostat are just another way you can achieve that. One can even find portable electric baseboard heaters.
Electric Baseboard Heaters Reviews
- Before you buy your new heater, check out an electric baseboard heaters consumers report on the particular brand you are thinking of buying.
- In fact, if you read these consumer reports and baseboard heater reviews on several different types and models of baseboard heaters, it will give you a better understanding of which ones might be best for you.
- Some reports might even cover the heater installation steps.
- Electric baseboard heaters are energy efficient, because they can help maintain the room temperature on a certain level.
- When you choose a moderate level that occupants can be comfortable with and then leave it here for the most benefit from energy savings.
- Cranking it up or down too much causes the heater to work more, using more energy.
Looking At Child Proof Electric Baseboard Heaters
Child proof electric baseboard heaters are great if you have children or pets in the home.
They are also helpful in close quarters where anyone in the room might come in contact with the heater. With these, you can ensure the safety that is so vital to your family while still getting the heating choice you want as well. There are many different brands and models that make child proof baseboard heaters for you to choose from. Many of these baseboard heaters have features that make them extra safe which makes them great for bedrooms, office buildings, studios and more. They also come with different heating levels and a thermostat to regulate. They are easy to install and since they are small and sleek, they won’t be bulky in the room or take up too much space.
Will They Fit In?
They fit snugly at the baseboard near the flooring of the room and the warm air that they produce will rise and spread throughout the room, providing the heat needed. With so many great models and features to choose from today, it just makes sense to choose a smart option for your home or office. These heaters come in a variety of styles and sizes to choose from. When choosing electric baseboard heaters with thermostat, it’s all about taking the time you need to find the right ones for your needs. You can start by evaluating what those needs actually are, then shopping around and doing comparisons to find the right heater to meet those needs.
Taking Some Time To Relax And Get The Best Shots
November 19, 2014
As a photographer, you need to make use of every opportunity given to you to take the best photos. Everyday life, nature, events; all make great photo shoots, all you need to do is seize the moment. Sometimes you might want to focus on something new for your portfolio and the only way to do that is to visit so place new and exciting. Going on vacation can satisfy this need. A great place to take great photographs is to go on a river cruise. Here you can see different things, along with beautiful nature and even different kinds of people.
Look At Viking Cruises For A Great Getaway
When you plan a Viking river cruise, it is important to know what to expect on board the ship. Knowing what to expect will help you plan on any additional costs, what to pack, and you won’t have any surprises. Viking river cruises are also designed with amenities to provide a fun trip for people who want to see Europe in a unique way, much like Grand river cruises.
If you are taking a Viking river cruise, you will need to know what to pack. The ship has a lot to do with what you should pack, because you will be spending a lot of time on the ship. However, when it docks at the local ports, you may be doing a lot of walking.
- Be sure to pack comfortable shoes with you in your suitcase for walking at the local destinations.
- Dress comfortable when on board the ship.
- Most dinners on the ship are casual. However, there is a captain’s dinner you will be expected to attend. This meal is dressy. It is not formal like some of the larger cruise lines so you don’t have to run out and buy a tuxedo, but it is still elegant.
- For the most part, everything you pack for Viking European river cruises is casual. Be sure you are comfortable.
If you are not from Europe, then chances are good your electrical devices like a hair dryer, will not fit in the outlets.
- You can buy adapters for the appliances, new appliances, or use what is offered to you on the boat.
- The ship does offer hair dryers for guests to use.
- There are safes on board the ship in each guest stateroom. It is recommended you use the safe to keep any valuables you might be traveling with. This will help ensure nothing is stolen or lost during your vacation.
The Cruise Also Includes The Following
Viking Christmas river cruises also offer many amenities while you sail down the river. These amenities include:
- A television in your room
- A library
- Telephone service
- And much more, just like you might have experienced on Grand Circle river cruises.
The televisions do depend on good transmission from the satellites. However, you can enjoy six channels in English if you would like to spend some time relaxing in your room. You can use a phone in your room to call other passengers in their room on the boat. You can also place calls to people on shore via a phone at the reception desk. Viking European river cruises also offer Internet access to people who need to use their laptop or other wireless device.
What To Expect
There are also many things to do on a Viking river cruise. They are not really designed as being kid friendly, so don’t expect to see an arcade and big swimming pools.
Adults enjoy reading
- a daily newsletter
- shore excursions
- a library
- a salon
- and so much more
You can even choose between rhine or Danube river cruises.
If you are thinking about taking a Viking river cruise it is a good idea to read reviews and see what other passengers thought about their trip. It is always a good idea to know what the boat has to offer you, especially if you are going to be living on it for a few days. The Viking European river cruises offer many amenities for passengers which include which will make you enjoy the luxury of it all so much more.
Looking At Danube River Cruises
These reasons include:
- Much more
Always compare Danube river cruises so you can plan the perfect vacation for you and your family. It would be a good idea to compare these cruises with something more familiar to you, like Grand Circle river cruises.
Comparing Danube River Cruising
When comparing Danube river cruising packages, the first thing you need to do is determine your budget.
1. How much money do you plan on spending?
- If you are working with a budget for your vacation, then you need to stick within the amount you have to spend. The good news is that when you do a comparison you will be able to have a solid idea of how much money your vacation will cost you compared to other offers such as Grand river cruises.
- This will not include shopping at any of the ports, alcoholic beverages, or additional things you would like to do. Be sure you include the cost for each person taking the cruise.
- Compare cruises by choosing different durations of the vacation package and by different destinations.
Dates of travel also make a big difference on the cost of a cruise. In most cases, the cheapest packages are when no one else is traveling.
2. The Different Packages
Another reason to compare Danube river cruises is, because there are different packages.
- If you have a specific city in mind you would like to visit during your vacation, don’t assume it will be a port the boat will stop at. Not all European river cruises have the same itinerary and you wouldn’t want to be disappointed by missing the one place you wanted to go.
Compare the different itineraries and determine which cruise looks ideal for you. You may even want to consider going on amazon river cruises instead.
- In addition, some cruises are 3 day cruises, while others are up to 14 days. The duration of the vacation will impact cost. You also may not be capable of taking off 14 days of work. Finding a 3 day cruise at the exact destination you want to go to might change your travel dates as well. This is a good reason why you need to plan your cruise in advance and compare thoroughly.
Choosing The Right Boat
There are different boats to choose from for Danube river cruising. When you do your vacation comparison, be sure you look at the different boats and be sure which one is right for your family.
- If you have children, it is important to be sure you choose a boat that is kid friendly.
- There should be plenty to do on the boat and it needs to be comfortable as well. Amenities and accommodations are important to many travelers.
- You will need to know what to pack on the trip and the amenities offered on the boat will help you determine your needs. For example, if the rooms do not offer a hair dryer, you will need to pack one of your own.
Remember, if you come from another country other than Europe, be sure to bring an adapter for the electrical outlet.
Comparing Danube river cruises will help you plan the best vacation package down the river in Europe you have ever planned. Many of the things you should compare include the cost, amenities on the boat, accommodations and duration of travel, ports, and more.
Capturing The Northern Lights Forever
November 5, 2014
Little compares to the majesty and splendor of the aurora borealis; or as it is better known- the northern lights. Brilliant colors of the red, green, blue and predominantly yellow dance across a midnight blue arctic sky. As they dance across their night sky stage, they tango with a back drop of stars that seem to be just ever so slightly out of reach, making it the perfect scene for photography. But what is the science behind these celestial light show? What actually causes the northern lights phenomenon?
Causes Of The Northern Lights
First let’s learn what causes the light portion of the northern lights. Our sun is continually spewing positive ions (positively charged parts of atoms) into space due to the nuclear processes that keep it burning. This flow of ions, which occurs in all directions, is called Solar Wind.
When the particles that make up this wind reach the Earth’s atmosphere, they knock the electrons out of atoms. When other atoms catch the electron, light is emitted. There you have the cause of the “light” in Northern Lights.
Northern Lights Colors
Second let’s learn what causes the Northern Lights to have all these colors. The color of light depends on the type of gas, or atoms, involved. Each type of gas emits a characteristic color when it captures an electron.
The varieties of gases in the atmosphere are what cause the varied colors in the northern lights. Hydrogen, helium, nitrogen and oxygen collide with the solar charged particles and result in the yellow, blue, purple, red, and green colors emitted by the lights.
The Northern Part
Third let’s learn what causes the “northern” part of Northern Lights. They are called Northern Lights because the poles of the Earth’s magnetic field are near the north and south poles. Light seen around the North Pole is known as Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis.
Light seen around the South Pole are called the Southern Lights or the Corona Borealis.
Sometimes, the flow of ions from the sun gets stronger, and the Northern Lights can reach closer to the equator then they might otherwise. There have been reports of people seeing the Northern Lights close to the equator in places such as Texas, USA.
The Dancing Of Lights
Lastly, let’s learn what causes the northern lights to dance. As with any wind, solar or otherwise, the particles move in a sweeping motion over the Earth’s surface. This results in a dancing like pattern of light.
So there you are. You now know exactly what causes the northern lights, and why a traveling to see them is a once in a lifetime experience.
Preserving Old Slides With Slide Scanners
October 25, 2014
Way back before the time of digital cameras, there were slides. You may have slides or remember looking at your parents or grandparents’ slides. Many memories may be held on these pieces of film but they may also be in danger of damage or complete ruin. You can save and preserve these shots by scanning them and saving them digitally with flatbed slide scanners.
Look For Multi-purpose Scanners
Flatbed slide scanners, or a 35mm slide scanner, is a specialized scanner only meant to scan film and slides. You can also find multipurpose scanners that not only scan slides but also photos and documents. If you mainly want to preserve your slides, the best solution is probably a dedicated slide scanner.
With all the choices of brands and models, making a choice of which slide scanner to buy can be tough. Most of the top names in camera and photographic technology design slide scanners, including Canon, Polaroid, Epson, Nikon, Kodak, HP, and Minolta. Slide scanners will range in what they can offer you and what they will cost you.
Choose The Best Scanner
How do you decide what the best flatbed slide scanner is for you? The best way to make an informed choice is to analyze why you are using the scanner. Obviously, you’ll be scanning slides and film, but are you doing so for personal use or is it for business? The answer may impact your choice of slide scanners dramatically. For most personal use, and even occasional professional use, a mid-range slide scanner should be enough. But for those in printing or publishing, a high-end model might be necessary. All of this should come into play in your slide scanner evaluation.
Choosing between these scanners basically comes down to how much you will scan and the scanning quality that’s necessary. The higher the scanning resolution, the better quality is the end results. That also usually means a higher price tag. But if you want clear scans — especially if they’re for professional output — the extra price may be worth it. Also look into the flatbed scanner software that comes with the scanner. Make sure it has any features you demand such as editing or enhancement options. Some slide scanners may come with auto correct features and ways of fixing damaged images as well.
Using The Software
Scanning slides or film isn’t entirely serious business either. It can also be fun and games. With some editing software, you can manipulate images and use different filter effects to change the look of photographs. You may be able to add borders or other things for fun. And once the image is digital, you can use it in almost any way imaginable. Create prints, either directly from your computer or upload them to a print making company online. Add images to cards or mugs through various online businesses. Share images with family and friends by email or through social networking sites. The possibilities are close to limitless.
Flatbed slide scanners can work well for personal or professional use. The range of flat bed scanners available makes it possible to afford for both and still get the features and quality you need. Take the scanner’s use into consideration and then narrow down your best options for a slide scanner.